Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Frogs of Jane Forest

Frogs of Jane Forest

I am a frog who wades through the mess you mask and make
and all the risks you choose to take
I am the embryo through which you prod, dissect and bleed.
I am the measure of your illogical non-ecological capitalist creed...
and I am dying...
and you who choose to remain unaware choose not to care
your profits shall be your snare for as you sleep you’re suffocating me
silent to the frog beyond your window and the disease that stops my breath
we suffocate together you and I and we will one day wander homeless
into the sky

by tim mccabe

2 comments:

Fiona Scull said...

Fantastic. I re-member you. Lets re-member each other some time. Soon. x

McCabeandco said...

Yes, I remember you too! Where are you, and what path are you following or beneath what tree are you resting? xo